NEW! EPS Recycling Scheme
Weber have partnered with insulation suppliers to offer a recycling service which reduces your waste removal costs and protects the planet from additional rubbish to landfill.
- It is estimated that waste disposal currently makes up 1% of a projects costs
- Expanded polystyrene (EPS) is 100% recyclable
- Around 10% of EPS used on a project will be off-cuts/waste
- Much of this waste would go to landfill
- EPS does not degrade naturally
- Collections can take place at same time as EPS delivery – reducing transport and emissions
- Can help customers to achieve waste recycling targets or as part of ISO 14001 accreditation
How does it work?
- Collect all of your site EPS waste and store in the recycling bags provided
- Collected waste must be uncontaminated (see below)
- Contact Weber to arrange collection
Cost & potential savings?
- Cost = £300 (plus VAT per load)
- A load is a maximum of 44 bags – each bag has a capacity of 1.3m3
- Based on a collection of just 20 bags you could save £500 on skip hire*
- Cost of EPS collection = £300
- Skip hire (x4) = £800
- Cost saving = £500
* Based on 8 yard skip (6.1m3 capacity) at a cost of £200 per skip What waste can we collect?
- Complete boards
- Contaminated waste cannot be accepted for recycling
- Examples of contaminated waste include:
- Material covered with dirt, soil, paint or other contaminants
- Insulation other than EPS
- Waste from other insulation suppliers
- All other non-insulation waste
- Access is required for an articulated lorry – we regret we cannot collect from sites without access for an articulated lorry