Features and benefits
- Good bond to concrete - damp or wet
- Durable - does not crack or craze when applied and properly cured
- Easy to use - can be mixed by hand or mechanically
- Easy to apply - can be applied easily with a spray pump or by trowel without slumping
- Easy to finish - good smooth finish obtainable with a float or sponge. Provides a cohesive and level surface suitable for overcoating.
- Complies with Highways Agency ClassM mortar specification - contains more than 400 kg/m3 of ordinary Portland cement to BS 12, the maximum size of aggregate does not exceed 2 mm, the total chloride ion content is less than 0·1% of cement, the resistivity at 28 days saturation is between 5 kΩcm and 15 kΩcm.
Things to consider
- Limited to 10 mm thickness per layer for rendering
- Do not use where there is a large variation in thickness
- Do not use where the substrates are subject to movement or are cracked
- Do not use on heavily trafficked floors
- Do not apply if frost is forecast within 24 hours of use
- Do not apply in temperatures below 5°C or above 30°C