webertec force glass sheet
- 50m length rolls at 670mm width
webertec force glass sheet is a bi-directional 50/50 or 90/10 woven glass-fibre sheet used for reinforcement and column wrapping. Manufactured by S&P, Switzerland, the sheet is ideal for containment of structural members.
Applied with webertec force EP primer and webertec force EP bonding adhesive to form part of the webertec force composite strengthening system.
Column wrapping for:
- Post reinforcement of historic buildings to limit deformation and contain movement
- Post strengthening to limit crack propagation and contain cracking
- Can be used on concrete, brickwork and stonework
- Bridge columns
- Car parks
- Masonry buildings
- Low-modulus fibre allows larger deformation leading to redistribution of the tension force
- Containment fabric preventing loss of section during deformation
- High strength to weight ratio
- Lightweight when compared to traditional methods such as steel plates and concrete member enlargement
- Flexibility in applying the sheet allows it to be moulded around different shapes
- Easy to handle and easy to cut to shape on site
- Structural engineer needs to ensure that this product will not be required to maintain its strength in the event of fire including taking full design liability of determining a suitable fire encasement if applicable in accordance with Concrete Society Technical Report 55.
- Ensure all surfaces are clean and free from any contamination
- Clean tools carefully, using webertec solvent