Polymer-modified sand and cement stipple render, used as preparatory key coat before the application of render. Includes an integral bonding agent so that it requires only the addition of clean water on site.
weberend aid is used to improve key prior to the application of render onto a smooth or otherwise unsuitable but sound surface. Can be used on the following substrates:
- Dense concrete
- Clean, sound, well adhered existing render (<19mm)
Ideal as a pre-treatment for render which is required to resist severe exposure conditions. Proprietary mix designed to be used as an adhesive stipple pre-treatment as described in BS EN 13914-1:2016.
weberend aid should be applied with a hawk and trowel or an open hopper spray gun to a tight layer of 2-3mm thickness and then textured using a well-loaded roller. The final texture should be a deep, heavy stipple finish with a textured depth of 5-10mm. Apply no more than 2-3m² at a time before texturing.
- Equalises suction on mixed backgrounds
- Provides excellent suction control across both high and low suction substrates
- Resists the penetration of external water to improve the weather resistance of rendering systems
- Quality controlled and factory blended to give a consistently high quality product
- Easy to apply by hawk and trowel before finishing with a stipple roller
- Do not apply to gypsum plaster or previously painted surfaces
- For applications where the codes of practice recommend sulphate resistance, use only the sulphate-resistant cement formulation
- Do not use if frost is forecast within 24 hours of use
- Do not use in damp or wet conditions
- Do not use in temperatures below 5°C or above 30°C
- Not suitable for application onto elevations in direct sunlight or where the substrate is hot
- When stored unopened in a dry place at temperatures above 5°C, shelf life is 12 months from date of manufacture printed on the side of the bag