webertec MCI NEW
A clear, surface-applied corrosion inhibitor designed to reduce the rate of corrosion by penetrating the concrete to form a protective barrier.
webertec MCI is to be applied to concrete surfaces that have not been subject to repairs. If required, can be applied prior to the application of webercem fairing coat or webercote coatings.
The inhibition process reduces the need to cut out and repair more concrete than absolutely necessary. However, as it depends on capillary absorption, penetration is more effective in dry concrete.
Used for corrosion protection in steel reinforced, precast, prestressed and post-tensioned concrete structures. Suitable for structures such as:
- Car parks
- Tunnels and other underground structures
- Marine structures
Concrete framed buildings Ideal for use as part of a Weber repair strategy.
- Surface treatment proven to reduce the rate of corrosion
- Decreases the treated concrete’s permeability to water which reduces the amount of harmful ions entering the repair. This in turn can delay the onset of corrosion.
- Water based
- Easy to apply
- Do not apply webertec MCI beneath or on the surface of webercem hand placed patch repair mortars
- Failure to properly prepare or suitably clean substrates could adversely affect bond strengths
- The rate of absorption will be affected by the permeability and moisture content of the concrete
- While webertec MCI will delay corrosion it will not entirely prevent it
- Ensure surfaces to be treated are dry and protected from inclement weather